Box gutter repair is a very common use for the Hyperdesmo products. Typically you find that box gutters need repairing a lot sooner than the roof will and any splits or cracks in them can lead to some real problems in the property. In this case, the problem was with the guttering on both sides of the warehouse. It had leaked practically since the building was first erected. Many different solutions had been tried, even some very well known, market leading solutions. Unfortunately all of them had failed to cure the problem. There was also water seeping in around some of the proof panel fixings and skylights panels. The gutters were 94m x 1.2m on both sides of the building.
One of our trained contractors who does a lot of box gutter repair work decided to use the Hyperdesmo system on the job.
The Steps to Take for a Box Gutter Repair
The following method was applied:
- The roof panels and the guttering were pressure washed on both sides of the building
- The guttering was manually dried off as the runoff had been altered due to the application of another waterproofing system (that hadn’t worked)
- Microsealer 50 Primer was applied to gutter, leaking panel joints and all roof fixings (of which there were thousands!). The choice of primer was important. Given the scale of the job, Microsealer 50 allowed the contractor to go back the following day to apply the top coat. Preparing the substrate was paramount on this job
- The next day, the condensation was manually dried with towelling
- Hyperdesmo HAA was applied to all of the primed surfaces. This is the waterproofing top coat that seals the guttering.
- Process repeated on the second side of the roof
This was a fairly labour-intensive project but not as difficult as some of the other options available. As the customer did not want the entire roof surface coated, the Hyperdesmo system was the obvious choice for this box gutter repair job.
For the first time in years, he now has a completely dry warehouse. No need for large containers to catch gallons of rainwater, damage to internal wall surfaces and other detrimental effects.
Like This Case Study? Then Give Us A Share:
For more information on our products please get in touch...