An Urban Heat Island is a built-up or metropolitan area in which observed temperatures are significantly higher than surrounding rural areas, primarily as a result of heat retaining materials used in construction. Although this is an issue that may not seem particularly applicable to the UK climate, it is still a consideration in certain environments and for certain structures and makes an interesting case study.
The Hyperdesmo System including Hyperdesmo and ADY-E is a CE certified waterproofing and protective system for exposed used but is also a certified cool material, reflecting up to 82% of the Sun’s radiation:
- Solar Reflectance (SR): 0.82
- SR Index (SRI): 102
- Infrared Emittance (IR): 0.87
These values endure with time since the colours do not fade and the coating is fully washable.
What are the benefits of these reflective qualities?
- Reduces temperatures inside building during warm months
- Lowers energy requirements for keeping building interiors cool
- Increased protection leading to greater longevity of structural elements
- Contribution towards reduction of UHI effect
The Hyperdesmo System is THE polyurethane liquid membrane for exposed use. It can be used for the waterproofing and protection of:
- Insulation Foams
- EPDM Membranes
- Light metal or fibrous cement roofing
- Stadium Stands
- Car Parks
- Bridge Platforms
- Irrigation Channels
Like This Case Study? Then Give Us A Share:
For more information on our products please get in touch...